About Heather

I'm a Writer, Artist, and proud snarky person.

Now a days I'm living it up here in Skiatook, Oklahoma. No matter where I go my love for comedy, Reality TV, and many other things will forever litter this little blog of mine.

E-mail me at HeatherNS17@Ymail.com and follow me on Twitter at Heather_Short17.

Thanks for your support!

~Heather Smith.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's the Strong that falls Apart


The Blurb

Wow.  What an episode!  It is an interesting one that is for sure.  Let’s take it one step at a time...

The episode opens up at Gota, were Eddie and Reynold are none too happy.  Eddie and Reynold are mad at them keeping the “weak” players over the “stronger” ones.  I don’t really recall Hope and Allie being challenge beasts.  In fact at the first reward challenge, Shamar and Julia were the only two fans to score a point and they are a part of the “weak” player group.  Also, they complained about keeping Laura, yet she got zero votes the last time.  I love this tribe, what a train wreck.  It's better than Airai that is for sure!

Now, let’s move on to Bikal.  Phillip gives out more cool nicknames.  True Grit is still the best, but Brenda’s of “Serenity” is pretty cool too.  Erik’s as the “Silent one” describes his edit pretty well.  Even though it’s generally a great idea to get as much people on your side as possible, someone is going to suspect something in the fact that Phillip is going around doing this and Andrea already sees something is up.  Not a good idea to broadcast this to everyone.  Even though Phillip is probably doing this to calm Brandon down.  Brandon is a basket case just waiting to happen.  He tries to give the impression that he's trying to fool Phillip, yet every Bikal member is in Stealth-R-Us.  Lame name btw.

I love the challenges this season.  This one is a rehash of one that was also used in Micronesia: the first Fans Vs Favorites, just instead of poles they use boards.  No surprise that Shamar wasn’t the guy that had to get carried across, but Julia and Laura, and Andrea and Brenda are all the ones to get the stepping stone treatment.  In the end, Bikal wins the reward in a close challenge.  Their reward is a one of the natives, who kind of reminds me of a male version of Lydia from Guatemala, to teach them how to live off of the land and to improve the shelter.  This is a similar reward to one in Vanuatu were the women won the help of Da, who was amazing.  Sadly, this guy isn't Da, but a rather weird little man.  He still provides a comical little scene while Cochran is jealous that he isn't as loved.  Aww....

Back to tribe train wreck, Shamar has something in his eye.  I knew right there and then that this was bad, although it is hard to feel sorry for him because he has a demanding personality that is wearing on everyone.  Then the wind and rats come.  The wind looked harsh, and the first thought when I saw the rats was “Where’s Natalie White when you need her?”  I thought that a great moment, because fans of the show don’t know what they are getting in to.  People don’t realize that this is harder than they realize, and only those that are out there can understand that.

Now, about Shamar.  Shamar was an interesting character for sure.  I’m kind of glad that he’s gone though; someone like him isn't a good guy to overuse for more than three episodes.  Also, I do feel for him with his eye.  I've been through my share of eye problems as I’m pretty much stuck with glasses, and it’s no fun with impaired vision.  So I don’t think he deserves any of the hell that fans will put him though.  I would never wish an eye infection on anyone.  

Despite this, they still had a challenge and Tribal Council.  Seeing as this was a twenty person season, it makes sense to me.  This is another reused challenge first seen in Cook Islands but was also in Micronesia.  Gota however lost due to the fact that Sherri slowed them down in the beginning, and that Laura wasn't the best in challenges, so back to Tribal Council for the Gota tribe where they must lose another person.

From the get-go it looked like Reynold or Eddie would be gone.  Sherri and friends discussed this.  Matt however wants to win challenges so he tries to suggest Laura to go.  He blurbs this to Sherri who talks to Julia about this.  Basically we have a choice, keep a strong challenge competitor over someone loyal to your alliance or ax someone that is in the minority.  This is the main question as Gota slinks off to Tribal Council for the third time in a row.

Right away, Jeff asks them about keeping the strong over the weak.  He names Reynold and Eddie as strong players but as they are on the outside they are in trouble.  As always, Jeff displays his man-love for the strong tough guys.  Eddie fights for a good cause though, aside from Julia, he names the girls as challenge liabilities.  However, they get to the vote and it looked to be between Reynold and Laura.  Reynold, not completely trusting Matt that he would vote for Laura, plays the idol that everyone knows he has to save himself.  With that the sole vote cast against him was negated, and Laura was sent home in a 6-0 vote.

That was a pretty shocking vote, I was so sure that one of the guys would be packing.  I’m not sure that that was the smartest thing that Sherri and friends could have done, but they still have the numbers.  Sometimes, you do have to cut your losses and move forward.  I think that Laura was a smart player, she kind of reminded me of a weaker Brooke Struck for some reason.  I think that the Gota is desperate for a win, but time will tell if it was worth axing someone loyal to gain in the game.

I'll miss Laura, but I think this proves that they should cast more non-blonds, maybe some more redheads ;)

Today's Tweet of the Week comes from Laura once again!  Man she has some pretty epic tweets :D


Laura Alexander ‏@lauraashleyalex
i guess this is the time to tell @MattBischoff where to shove his gnarly beard? #survivor


~Weekly Notes~

~ I still love the fact that Reynold and Eddie Implied that Hope and Allie were forces in the challenges.

~ I still love the fact that they also tried to imply that they are protecting Laura, aside from the fact that even they didn't vote for her!

~ Look!  Bikal is learning!  Malcolm did NOT throw anything this challenge!

~ I find it funny that people are complaining about throwing things in challenges- the same ones that whined about all of them having puzzles.  Survivor Fans are my favorite form of entertainment sometimes.

~ Laura was at number FIVE last week on my power ranking.  I can pick them can't I?

~ I still don't like Reynold.  I like his buddy so much more.

~ Why did the medical team give us a close up of Shamar's eye?  I so didn't need that.

~This boot order is kind like Fiji's. Four women and then Gary got medivac'd.  Only difference is that Sylvia isn't young.

~ Some post interviews with Laura changed some of the rankings around for a few people.  

~ I'm surprised with Phillip's challenge performance.  Doesn't mean I like him though.

~ #StealthRUs.  Yup.

~ Laura retweetted one of my tweets!  This is the one "Complains about keeping Laura, doesn't vote for Laura. #Survivor"  Love her! <3

~POWER RANKINGS~

1. Dawn- True Grit is only back at number one because I don't really know who else to put up here.
2. Matt- Despite leading the charge to take the knife to Laura's back, he's still safe.
3. Cochran- Still has that damn sunburn.  
4. Michael- Good with Matt, not would be in danger
5. Julia- According to Laura's post game interview, Julia is close to Michael.  Plus she was singled out for being a badass.
6. Malcolm- Not a lot from Bikal this week.  So around the same as last time.  Also didn't tank a challenge.
7. Corrine- *See Malcolm*
8. Sherri- Huge drop for her.  She lost a loyal ally in Laura.  let's see where that will take us.
9. Andrea- The complainer never wins
10. Phillip- Everyone seems to be handling with kid gloves.  Not going to go as far.
11. Erik- I think he's smart enough to appease everyone.  He's the Silent one after all.
12. Brenda- She's so DANGEROUS!
13. Reynold- I do not like his smugness.  He's down the river without an idol.  Hope it's you.
14. Eddie- Less annoying then Reynold, but still annoying at the moment.  Still on the outs.
15. Brandon- #SurvivorFu**ingMeltdown

NEXT TIME ON SURVIVOR!


Brandon's head explodes because he is crazy.  Let's see it.

NEXT TIME ON THE CSB!
Tocantins rewatch!  Talking about a different Vet.

See you next time!
~Heather~



No comments:

Post a Comment