About Heather

I'm a Writer, Artist, and proud snarky person.

Now a days I'm living it up here in Skiatook, Oklahoma. No matter where I go my love for comedy, Reality TV, and many other things will forever litter this little blog of mine.

E-mail me at HeatherNS17@Ymail.com and follow me on Twitter at Heather_Short17.

Thanks for your support!

~Heather Smith.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Spy... With my little eye...

A Quite Interesting Review! Yes folks to fill my post count up, I'm doing reviews.  So grab a chair, as I talk about the new episode of the "I" series.  I Spy.


Alan and Stephen are joined in this epi with Sandi Toksvig, Lee Mack, and Jimmy Carr.  A wonder collection of guests so lets get this review started.


I have not seen the XL version(I have now, and will edit in green, I believe this will show up on my background.) and I cannot wait until it gets up on Youtube.  However, I will do that later.


Lee Mack is very... funny.  His back and forth with everyone was amazing.  I can't remember if this was the first time he is on QI, but I think so. I want to see him again.  Sorry Folks for my lack of research.  This is his THIRD time on the show.  I still want more from him and three times is not enough for the guy that tried to explain why the Mona Lisa's eyes follow you.  I guess most of the he is used to people saying that no one understands him.


Sandi is a favorite of mine, she didn't have as many "Sandi" moments, but the story about the wedding that she went to... wow.  It's about a couple who took a picture next to a horse, but it had huge genitals that couldn't be cropped out.  She won with 12 points despite a forfeit.  This little fact might make sense in the XL version. She was more involved in the XL versions.  Also it did help that she brings facts to her QI appearances.  However, thanks to her I shall never look at a gravy boat the same way nor go to Africa. 


Jimmy, originally funny as always.  This guy made me laugh at all times and is easily the strongest one of the group that day.  With the XL of course, I wouldn't know how funny he was in the extended version.  After the talk about peeing during events, he need to go to the restroom, and Sandi handed him the Einstein mask.  Still very funny as always.  Also suggesting that the reason Sandi was chosen by BBC to go cannoning down a river in Africa was so that she could be thrown to the Crocodiles if need.


Alan always brings a laugh and he brought it today.  He won the "Nobody Knows" bonus, and still came in last without setting off the klaxon with -11.  That is a true butt monkey, but indeed, no one will know until the XL hits youtube. He did in fact set of the klaxon in the XL version.  More on what and why later.  


My favorite part- The Eisenstein mask optical Illusion.  The amazement of the group says it all.  The whole show can be just the mask and the reaction shots of the group, just like what Jimmy said.  I wonder if they kept watching it when they ended the filming.  They did play with it some, with Sandi suggesting that Jimmy pee in it.


My least favorite- The boys scouts book.  I don't know why.  I did love the fact that when Stephan mentions that it said "Men", the camera's did a close up on Sandi, who had no reaction.  Wonder what would happened if they ran it by Jo?  Got a little better, when Sandi said that old books would compare a married couples bedroom with food and eating it.


Who got the Klaxon?- Sandi- stated that the red lobster is dead in the picture  Lee- pronounced "Ye Olde Pork Pie Shoppe" wrong.  Alan- Stating that the Union Jack was flown by both sides in the English Civil War.


Funny Little Quote- (To Sandi) "They had you.  We've got a small lady from the BBC that we can use!" (Jimmy, talking about the reason Sandi's Canoe didn't have a dog to throw to the Crocs)


Overall?- This was a great epi to start off the new season.  The QI crew is ready to enlighten us.  Hope to see more of Lee and might edit this when the XL version comes up but for right now this will do.  Even better with the added in.  Noticed, that the first half was rather untouched.  Usually they try to mix it up a little but they fail to do such until General Ignorance.  


Please Comment, Subscribe, and check out the current poll!  Goodnight ^^ I don't know if I want to do this again, maybe.  But be sure to tell me what you think.  Mostly because I've broken away from my usual WL and IAG fans to bring you this, but I was so hyped for this next season, even more so when I saw it.  You Brits are lucky bastards you do know that right? ;) 


Heather Short 

No comments:

Post a Comment