About Heather

I'm a Writer, Artist, and proud snarky person.

Now a days I'm living it up here in Skiatook, Oklahoma. No matter where I go my love for comedy, Reality TV, and many other things will forever litter this little blog of mine.

E-mail me at HeatherNS17@Ymail.com and follow me on Twitter at Heather_Short17.

Thanks for your support!

~Heather Smith.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Improv-A-Ganza: 2011's Party Show

If you don't like the title than *unfolds paper* "Man am I drunk..."
off of Cream Soda and sweet-tarts of course.


I'm going to say this, Improv-a-ganza is has one of the most loyal fanbases on GSN.  It is only natural that they invite the Drew Crew back on stage right?
Well, many old Whoser fans like myself never saw the need to expanded on cable, just to watch one show.  I have to agree in this time, no show is ever worth 95 dollars or so (Like I said, I have no clue how much it is...).  However, that is why we have the internet, even if GSN never though to put every episode on, I have to thank WTATA for that. This blog is forever in your debt.


To GSN, Lingo is a high rating show right?  I have never heard of such show, however, IAG was shoved in my face since Jan.  Not that I minded, I enjoyed the fact that Drew was doing an Improv show that fell more back on the Whose Line roots, more then Green Screen that is.  Not saying that it is a clone of Whose Line, I wouldn't like that.  


One thing I love is that the chemistry of the players.  They have all worked together before (Heather Anne Campbell was on the pilot), and they are a joy to watch.  Also, for those who skimped out on watching Green Screen, Jonathan and Sean are refreshing to watch.  Also the newcomer to the Drew Crew, Heather, surly made herself known to those of us stuck in the 90s watching Whose Line, all they way back to Ryan's first appearance.  Speaking of Whose Liners, They never fail to disappoint, as always. Last but least, player of beloved Mimi Bobeck-Carey, Kathy Kinney, rounded the beloved cast members by adding to scenes.


All I have to say this, No to Charlie Sheen.


I will never be all like "Renew this Show because I love it!" well, that is one reason.  However, this is a great show, and both Jeff and Heather (That I know of) have been agreeing with us.  GSN needs to tell us the fate of this beloved show.  As Jonathan said on Twitter "no decision has been made on Improv-a-ganza season 2."  Yep, even months after episode 40, GSN has even left the performers in the dark.  Now I don't have a TV channel, if I did, I wouldn't even have this blog, but I would tell the shows if they can expect a second season.  


This is a great show, and it will get a second season if GSN sees the massive fanbase that it has.  If you haven't signed the petition, you need to http://www.change.org/petitions/we-want-a-second-season-of-drew-careys-improv-a-ganza?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition, I have.


I told myself that if I have to do this, on a blog about COMEDY, then GSN has not done this job of even informing the cast.  It has gone far enough.  This petition has gotten to over 2000 people wanting to watch this  show once more.  Tell us, why would you want to cancel a show that has gained a reputation, only ruined by Cable.  That is right, I'm not blaming GSN, I'm blaming cable providers.  


-Heather Short, Mistress of The Comedy Stars Blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment